How to put together a top notch entry for the 2019 Comms National Awards
The Comms National Awards is the most highly regarded awards process in the ICT channel and is fairly
and independently judged by a highly experienced panel of channel experts.
The Vendor Awards are for Carriers/Network Providers/ Distributors & Service Providers and recognise the
products, support and service they provide to third party reseller partners.
The Reseller Awards are for third party solution providers (systems integrators, resellers, dealers) and
recognise the effectiveness, quality and ROI of solutions provided to end user customers.
The Business Awards are for Carriers, Network Providers, Distributors, Service Providers, Systems
Integrators, Resellers, and Dealers and recognise growth, success and innovation.
The benefits of entering…
- Raise your profile across the UK ICT channel
- Benchmark yourself against other UK channel companies
- Acknowledge your team’s efforts
- Influence and impress partners, clients and investors
- Improve staff morale
- A finalist position will provide a platform for follow on PR and marketing activities in the trade, local
and regional press…
- You will receive a finalist or winners logo you can use as an email signature and in all your marketing
collateral. AS THIS IS A NATIONAL AWARDS PROGRAMME DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE INFLUENCE THIS LOGO CARRIES!
- And as a finalist you will of course get the opportunity to treat your clients and staff to the best night
out in the comms industry!
The entry process
- Entry is FREE!
- Register at www.cnawards.com
- Download the relevant vendor, reseller or business entry form.
- Choose the award category or categories you wish to enter.
- Answer the questions on the form.
- Send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org with testimonials, and relevant supporting
information by July 31st.
Tips for your main entry
- NB: The CN Awards acknowledge solutions, services and products delivered between July 27th 2018 and July
- Answer the questions succinctly, do not flannel or write flowery or highly technical text. Stick to the
- You can enter for as many awards as you like, but try and avoid cutting and pasting the same answers into
different category entries. Each entry should be relevant to the category you have selected.
- Remember the judges are reading through scores of entries so when answering each question try to write two
or three paragraphs of summary followed by bullet points that point out the key aspects and benefits of the
product, service or solution.
- The judges give marks for each section so read through the entire form before starting to answer the
questions. Writing ‘see above’ could count against you.
- Do not forget to check your entry for spelling and grammar. A poorly worded entry can be the difference
between getting shortlisted or not.
Tips for your testimonials
- Do not just copy and attach an email from a client or partner - a legitimate signed letter on header paper
saved as a pdf and attached to your entry is what the judges are keen to see.
- You can send in multiple testimonials but 3 or 4 good ones are better than scores of them saying how
wonderful you are!
- Do not send in testimonials from another awards programme; it’s lazy and the judges hate it.
Tips for your supporting information
The judges welcome succinct supporting information relevant to the entry e.g. Product sheets,
infrastructure diagrams, channel support collateral etc. but don’t over do it. Relevance is key.
The judges will also welcome links to videos e.g. testimonials, case studies relevant to your entries but
they must not be over long!
Judges notes for Reseller entrants
Read the question. It is staggering how many entrants fail to answer the question properly and ramble on
This year we will be looking for reseller entries where they have shown that the solution has improved the
‘customer experience’. In today’s customer led world the experience is everything. Having a clever solution
that saves a company money is no longer just good enough.
Judges notes for Vendor entrants
We will be looking for entries that show the supplier has gone beyond just having a great product or
Their go to market strategy and implementation must show they understand the channel’s issues about running
a successful business and have created marketing, sales and services programs to support their partners.
Judges notes for Business entrants
We will be looking for entries that have shown how a channel business operating in the vendor, distributor,
service provider or reseller arena has achieved success and growth via customer service and/or innovation.
To complete your entry…
- Please make sure you advise us if any information provided in your entry is confidential.
- You must provide your company logo in jpg or eps format.
And finally …
Remember the deadline for entries is July 31st 2019.Shortlisted finalists will be informed by the 17th of
If you need further assistance please contact Nigel Sergent by email nsergent @bpl-business.com or call
0771 278 1106