How to put together a top notch entry for the 2020 Comms National Awards
The Comms National Awards is the most highly regarded awards process in the ICT channel and is fairly and independently judged by a highly experienced panel of channel experts.
The Vendor Awards are for Carriers/Network Providers/ Distributors & Service Providers and recognise the products, support and service they provide to third party reseller partners.
The Reseller Awards are for third party solution providers (systems integrators, resellers, dealers) and recognise the effectiveness, quality and ROI of solutions provided to end user customers.
The Business Awards are for Carriers, Network Providers, Distributors, Service Providers, Systems Integrators, Resellers, and Dealers and recognise growth, success and innovation.
The Special Awards recognise the following: The SME and Enterprise Resellers of the Year. These two awards are based on entries received in other entries (no entry form required); an entrepreneur that has demonstrated fortitude, imagination and creativity in building a channel business that has grown into a sizeable, successful and highly profitable organisation (no entry from required); and finally, for this year only, the Keeping Britain Working Awards will recognise resellers and suppliers that performed ‘above and beyond the call of duty’ during the Covid-19 crisis (for entry form see Special Awards category).
The benefits of entering...
- Raise your profile across the UK ICT channel
- Benchmark yourself against other UK channel companies
- Acknowledge your team’s efforts
- Influence and impress partners, clients and investors
- Improve staff morale
- A finalist position will provide a platform for follow on PR and marketing activities in the trade, local and regional press…
- You will receive a finalist or winners logo you can use as an email signature and in all your marketing collateral. AS THIS IS A NATIONAL AWARDS PROGRAMME DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE INFLUENCE THIS LOGO CARRIES!
- And as a finalist you will of course get the opportunity to treat your clients and staff to the best night out in the comms industry!
The entry process
- Entry is FREE!
- Register at www.cnawards.com
- Download the relevant vendor, reseller or business entry form.
- Choose the award category or categories you wish to enter.
- Answer the questions on the form.
- Send your completed form to email@example.com with testimonials, and relevant supporting information (preferably in pdf format) by August 14th, 2020.
Tips for your main entry
- NB: The CN Awards acknowledge solutions, services and products delivered between July 31st 2019 and July 31st 2020.
- Answer the questions succinctly, do not flannel or write flowery or highly technical text. Stick to the facts
- You can enter for as many awards as you like, but try and avoid cutting and pasting the same answers into different category entries. Each entry should be relevant to the category you have selected.
- Remember the judges are reading through scores of entries so when answering each question try to write two or three paragraphs of summary followed by bullet points that point out the key aspects and benefits of the product, service or solution.
- The judges give marks for each section so read through the entire form before starting to answer the questions. Writing ‘see above’ could count against you.
- Do not forget to check your entry for spelling and grammar. A poorly worded entry can be the difference between getting shortlisted or not.
Tips for your testimonials
- Do not just copy and attach an email from a client or partner - a legitimate signed letter on header paper saved as a pdf and attached to your entry is what the judges are keen to see.
- You can send in multiple testimonials but 3 or 4 good ones are better than scores of them saying how wonderful you are!
- Do not send in testimonials from another awards programme; it’s lazy and the judges hate it.
Tips for your supporting information
- The judges welcome succinct supporting information relevant to the entry e.g. Product sheets, infrastructure diagrams, channel support collateral etc. but don’t over do it. Relevance is key.
- The judges will also welcome links to videos e.g. testimonials, case studies relevant to your entries but they must not be over long!
Judges notes for Reseller entrants
Read the question. It is staggering how many entrants fail to answer the question properly and ramble on about irrelevancies!
This year we will be looking for reseller entries where they have shown that the solution has improved the ‘customer experience’. In today’s customer led world the experience is everything. Having a clever solution that saves a company money is no longer just good enough.
Judges notes for Vendor entrants
We will be looking for entries that show the supplier has gone beyond just having a great product or service.
Their go to market strategy and implementation must show they understand the channel’s issues about running a successful business and have created marketing, sales and services programs to support their partners.
Judges notes for Business entrants
We will be looking for entries that have shown how a channel business operating in the vendor, distributor, service provider or reseller arena has achieved success and growth via customer service and/or innovation.
To complete your entry...
- Please make sure you advise us if any information provided in your entry is confidential.
- You must provide your company logo in jpg or eps format.
Remember the deadline for entries is August 14th 2020.
If you need further assistance please contact Nigel Sergent by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0771 278 1106